A 5* Blog Site Recommendation + Kreativ Blogger Award
Hi to all my Readers,
I am updating my Favorite Blog list to include Kristen Lamb’s Blog. I wish I had found her when I started this journey a few months ago. Following is from Kristen’s bio: “Kristen worked in international sales before transitioning into a career as an author, freelance editor and speaker. She takes her years of experience in sales & promotion and merges it with almost a decade as a writer to create a program designed to help authors construct a platform in the new paradigm of publishing. Kristen has guided writers of all levels, from unpublished green peas to NY Times best-selling big fish, how to use social media to create a solid platform and brand. Most importantly, Kristen helps authors of all levels connect to their READERS and then maintain a relationship that grows into a long-term fan base.”
I just finished reading Kristen’s book, Are You There, Blog? It’s Me Writer. I learned so much about developing a social platform and using social media. As soon as I finished the book yesterday, I ordered We Are Not Alone–The Writer’s Guide to Social Media.
Kristen’s blog and books are written with humor and clear explanations. They are fun to read and provide invaluable information. If I could give her work more than 5 stars, I would. I strongly recommend to every writer that you follow Kristen Lamb!
I was very honored to have been nominated for a Kreativ Blogger Award this week by my fellow blogger, Vikki, The View Outside. This honor requires me to list 7 facts about myself and pass this award on to 7 other bloggers who I think deserve it. They, in turn, should provide 7 facts about themselves and pass this on to 7 other bloggers.
The bloggers I am nominating will also be added to my favorite blog list. Please check them out if you are not already following them.
- Ritesh Kala, Ritish Kala’s Book Reviews
- Thea Atkinson
- Alan McDermott, jambalian
- Donna Martin, On the Write Track
- Kevin Hanrahan
- Shelli Johnson
- Kirkus MacGowan, Diapers, Bookmarks, and Pipe Dreams
Now for the 7 facts about me you probably did not know.
- I own an audiophile level surround sound system.
- Besides the sound system, my favorite item in the media room is a teddy bear wearing a stocking cap and scarf with the colors of Yellowstone National Park.
- I love high-speed and long distance driving, and I don’t know why.
- I spent Saturday mornings during high school helping developmentally challenged children.
- I have rescued two people from drowning.
- I started reading adult level non-fiction at the age of 8.
- I am an accomplished chef, especially with seafood.
Have fun and happy writing.